5 Easy Ways to Save on Car Insurance
Sometimes it can feel like the price of car insurance is out of your control. But, there are actions and decisions that you can make to help you save on your auto premium. We’ve pulled together some top tips about how to save on car insurance.
- Go claims-free for six years — The longer you keep your driving record clean, the better. No claims for the past six years? Great job. This will be reflected in your price.
- Combine your home and auto policies — Many insurance companies offer a ‘multi-policy discount’ for insuring more than one vehicle, or insuring both your home and vehicle with the same company.
- Don’t miss a payment — If your insurance company doesn’t receive payment, it could result in the cancellation of your policy – and you could be on the hook for a lot of money if get into an accident before you realize it. It can also result in you being deemed a “higher risk” driver, which could result in higher premiums when you renew.
- Get the coverage you need — While it makes sense for someone with a newer car to have collision and/or comprehensive coverage, it may not if your car isn’t worth very much. Make sure collision insurance isn’t a condition of your loan or lease before giving up this coverage, and always carry adequate third-party liability coverage.
- Be a good driver! — Simply following the rules of the road and going at least three years without a driving conviction could save you more on your car insurance premium.
Car insurance is mandatory in Ontario and across Canada, but that doesn’t mean you have to pay an arm and a leg for it. With proper safety on the roads and making thoughtful decisions about your car insurance, you’ll be able to secure a fair price for the coverage you need.
Contact Insurance Jack today for a free quote or with any car insurance questions you may have.